Friday, February 3, 2012

Dewey. Dewey Decimal.

My love of reading started in Kindergarten. First, let me start with a little background. Growing up, my mom was a stay at home mom so the first time I was actually seperated from her for any length of time was when I started Kindergarten. I was 5 years old at the time and the adjustment was really, really hard for me.  One of the hardest times for me was nap time at school. I didn't want any part of it. My teacher (Ms. Wade, BEST. TEACHER. EVER.) would wait for the other children to fall asleep and then she would let me sit in the reading corner and read books until nap time was over. My love of reading was born and I haven't looked back since. I may or may not pay for a storage unit every month for all the books I own because I can't fit them all in my apartment and actually live there too - don't judge me. I also have passed my passion on to my 9 year old daughter, Makenna, considering I have to bribe her with new books to clean off the bookshelf in her room every now and then. Unfortunately though, my reading has taken a backseat lately to my love of reality t.v. and blogs. But, no more. I'm going to make time to read more books. So, what I'm going to do is share here what I will be reading before I start it and then review it for you all after I'm done. Also, since I never read a book twice (well very rarely anyway) I'm going to give away the book after I'm done, but you guys are getting first dibs!! The way it will work is this: after I finish reading the book and post the review, the first follower of my blog to leave a comment requesting the book will get it! I will mail it to you free of charge as my little thank you for following my blog. If you have a blog, it would be great if you could post a review as well, but not required. :) It may be the nerdy side of me, but I'm really excited about this...lol...I've always loved enjoying a book and then passing it along to others to give them the chance to enjoy it as well. Stay tuned to see what I'm reading next. Hint: it has something to do with my reality t.v. addiction! Also, because I like posts with pictures, here are some reading related pins from Pinterest that I like :)

Source: radikal.ua via Olga on Pinterest


Source: flickr.com via Lynn on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Are you reading Kris Jenner??? Dee from Dee's Adventure is mailing me a copy someone mailed her. I might not buy it, but I'd TOTALLY read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope....it's not that one - but I soooo want to read that! Let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete